We understand how challenging it is to not have access to your usual foods, workout spaces, and routine, but we are so proud of our players for remaining committed to their goals. In times like these, we have to adjust and do the best we can.
Our team and community members have been sharing ideas to stay on track with goals. We’ve compiled them here in hopes they help others:
● Counting calories - the apps MyFitnessPal and Lose It (no affiliation with us, we just like them :))
are both great options for calorie tracking. It even allows you to scan the labels of packaged foods for easy calorie counting!
● Workout videos at home - there are so many different types of workouts available online without any equipment necessary... Here are some ideas:
● Work to increase your daily activity, despite the restrictions (activity increases metabolism and fights boredom eating!). Put in some headphones and listen to a podcast or music while walking laps around your kitchen, a parking garage, your workplace, your driveway... it can get boring, but it's more interesting with something to listen to!
● Focus on the healthy habits you CAN control - drink lots of water, make sure you're getting enough sleep, and stick to a (new) routine!
● Try planning out your schedule for each day and write out your daily goals to hold yourself accountable!
We will get through this (and stay healthy!) together as a community! If you have ideas to share, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org! We will get through this (and stay healthy!) together as a community!