At WayBetter, we’re on a mission to spread positivity and to create a community where everyone can thrive. We ask that all players follow these rules and guidelines so our app remains a fun, respectful place where we’re safe to share our milestones and be ourselves.
Players who break these rules may be ejected from a game at the discretion of our referees. Other behavior that is deemed inappropriate, unsportsmanlike, or dangerous may also be grounds for removal from the app. Ejected players are not entitled to refunds of any fees or bets.
If you see a post that violates these guidelines or that you find harmful, email us at email@example.com. Please include a screenshot of the post and let us know which game it took place in.
Zero Bullying Policy
We have a zero tolerance policy for trolling, bullying, body shaming, racism, sexism, harassment, and anyone looking to do physical or emotional harm to our members. Any player who engages in these behaviors will be asked to leave the app and will forfeit any pending or previous winnings.
WayBetter exists to help players reach their individual goals through group challenges. We have verification methods in place, however, players who cheat have the potential to ruin the fun for everyone.
If you see a submission that looks a little fishy, you can flag it and our refs will take a look. In the event that a player is caught cheating, they will be removed from the game, they’ll forfeit their earnings, and may be banned from joining future games.
Actions we consider cheating:
- Having another person complete an activity on your behalf
- Using the same photo more than once in a game
- Verifying your activity with fake or altered submission materials
- Reposting content created by someone else as your own to imply activity completion
- Submitting materials that do not fit the requirements of the game with intent to deceive.
Sportsmanship & Conduct
In any game, good manners go a long way. We believe in treating each other well and playing in a way that honors every player’s effort. Interfering with the natural course of the competition by manipulating the game or intimidating other players is strictly prohibited.
Actions we consider unsportsmanlike:
- Playing in bad faith or playing repeatedly in a manner of hustling
- Betting against other players or on anyone but yourself
- Colluding with other players to fix a game
- Gaming the system by creating multiple accounts
- Intentionally embarrassing another player
- Disclosing another player’s personal information without their permission
- Posting content without permission of the subject and/or creator
Spam & Self Promotion
We’re all passionate about health and wellness products that help us find our balance. Casually sharing recipes, workouts, and products we enjoy is part of the experience, and many players love learning from one another.
We use WayBetter to focus on our goals, not shop for protein powder or cosmetics, however. If you’re in direct sales or get commission for promoting certain products, we ask that you keep those conversations off of the platform.
This goes for pushy self promotion too. Do not use the game feed as a source for finding more followers or customers, please. If you genuinely want to connect with your new accountability friends, feel free to share your info with them. We may take down repeated, overly spammy “follow me” posts or affiliate links posts that take the spotlight away from the true intent of the space.
Our bodies are resilient and adaptable, and often tell the story of our journey to health. We love seeing your progress and transformation photos, but please keep them PG. Nudity is not allowed in profile photos, submissions, or feed posts.
Waybetter referees are the final arbiters of whether an activity satisfies game requirements. They are the final authority on the actions taken when a player has disregarded the rules or spirit of our games.
Referee actions can include:
- Not counting a specific activity for a game
- Disqualifying a player
- Removing a player with or without a refund from one or more games
- Removing erroneously won winnings
- Being banned from all of WayBetter's platforms entirely
All decisions by WayBetter referees are considered final.